Terms & Conditions
Welcome to A Daley’s website (the “Website”) which is owned and operated by A Daley’s Limited.
The following terms and conditions govern your access to and use of the website and also any purchases made from it. Please read them carefully. By continuing to use this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of use. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please immediately exit the website and do not attempt to make a purchase from it.
A Daley’s Limited reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or any policy or guideline outlined on the website. If we make any changes, we will amend our Terms and Conditions on this website and any such amendment will be effective immediately following the posting of the changes on the website. You will be subject to the Policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you use the Website or order goods from us.
Please periodically refer to the Terms and Conditions on the website in order that you are aware of any amendments which have been made by us. If you do not wish to be bound by the revised Terms and Conditions, please immediately exit the website and do not attempt to make a purchase from it.
On this website “we”, “us” and “our” means:
A Daley’s Watches Limited
58 Aston Terrace
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Telephone No: 0113 225 6103
Company Registration No: 1141 7694
VAT Registration Number:
“You” and “Your” means the person accessing and/or using the website.
“Working Days” means all days other than a Saturday, Sunday and any statutory or public holidays in the United Kingdom.
This website sells only to customers who are resident in the United Kingdom. Orders from outside the United Kingdom will not be processed, and no order will be despatched to any address outside the United Kingdom.
Keeping account information and passwords confidential and safe
When using this website you accept that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and responsible for preventing unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure your password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have reason to believe that your password has become know to anyone else, or could be used in an unauthorised manner.
Warranting that data you enter is true
When you register your details at this Website you warrant that the Personal Information that you provide when you register as a customer during a transaction or subsequently update is true accurate current and complete in all respects. It is your responsibility to update this information (using the Your Details section of the Website) as soon as you become aware of any changes.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
Your conduct whilst using the Website
You must not use the Website in such a way that is likely to cause any kind of disruption or damage to the Website or its level of service. Your use of our Website must be for lawful purposes and not in connection with any fraudulent or criminal activity. You alone are responsible for the communications sent from your computer and you should not communicate any material that is inaccurate illegal or offensive.
Availability of the Website
We will endeavour to ensure that the Website is available at all times and that its content downloads to you without error, however, due to the limitations of the Internet this cannot always be guaranteed. Maintenance to our systems may also necessitate the suspension of services at certain times however we will try our utmost to minimise such occurrences.
Licence for accessing the Website
You are granted a limited non exclusive licence to access and make personal use of the Website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it or any portion of it except with our written permission. Resale, commercial use, downloading, copying and automated data gathering from this Website or its contents is expressly forbidden.
Product Details and Information on Our Website
The products on this website are not shown to actual size nor are the images binding as to detail. The reproduction of colour is as accurate as photographic and publishing procedures allow. Please be aware that there may be differences in colour depending on individual screen calibration. Due to photography techniques and screen defaults, some products may appear larger or smaller than their actual size. Other products may be shown larger than their actual size so that details can be clearly viewed by you. In terms of proportion, we aim to keep each image as accurate as possible.
We make every effort to ensure that all information on this website is totally accurate. If any errors appear, we will correct them as soon as possible. We regret that in the very unlikely possibility that errors appear in either product descriptions or product details, it will not be possible for us to honour the incorrect information.
Due to the volume of orders and the fact that each of our diamond creations are unique, an item can go out of stock before we are able to post notification on our website. In the rare event that this occurs, we will notify you by telephone call or e-mail as quickly as possible in order to arrange for a substitute item of the equivalent price. You shall be entitled to reject the substitute item in which case we will arrange to refund the purchase price to you as soon as possible.
Some of our products are limited in the number of sizes to which they can be adjusted. We ask for the size you require when you place your order. If this is known, we will endeavour to size the ring to the correct size in the time-scale we quote you after your order is received. In the event that the ring cannot be sized to the correct size, we may need to manufacture a new ring for you. It may be necessary to source a new diamond to ensure we can fulfil the order and meet your requirements. We will keep you informed if this is the case and update you on a delivery date. If this is not suitable to you, a refund or exchange of the ring can be requested as set out in the terms of our Returns Policy. We will endeavour to keep the characteristics of the diamond in the replacement product as close to the original as possible but reserve the right to substitute a diamond of equivalent monetary value to the original. You may be required to pay an additional amount to fulfil any order that is placed in this way. Similarly we will refund any difference if the substitute ring is of lower monetary value than the original. You can of course opt for an exchange or refund as set out in the terms of our Returns Policy.
All of our prices are in British Pounds and include all Value Added Tax. Please note that A Daley’s prices are subject to change without notice.
We make every effort to ensure that all information on the website is completely accurate. If any errors appear, we will correct them as soon as possible. We regret that in the very unlikely possibility that errors appear in prices, it will not be possible to honour mistaken information. If a product is shown at a price lower than it’s actual price, we will at our discretion cancel the order and inform you of the cancellation or contact you for further instructions. We may offer the option to pay the difference between the lower price and the actual price. We may arrange for a substitute item of the correct price to be supplied to you. You are of course entitled to reject this substitute item in which case we will arrange to refund the purchase price to you as soon as possible. If the order has been shipped, you will be required to pay the difference between the lower price and the actual price or alternatively you can return the product with all packaging and paperwork at your expense.
All prices quoted will provide for VAT payable under the laws of the United Kingdom however all and any other import duties or taxes payable in any other non United Kingdom jurisdiction is your responsibility.
For your convenience we accept the following methods of payment:
- Visa and Visa Debit
- Pay by Finance
We do not sell or accept gift certificates or vouchers for use on the website. Interest Free Credit is not available on products with a reduced price.
Processing of Orders Policy
When you decide to purchase an item from the website, the following process is employed by us to process and fulfil all orders.
- On our server, we will collect your information to include your name, address, e-mail address, contact telephone numbers and ring size where appropriate
- You will then be directed to a secure server to input your card details. When payment has been authorised we will e-mail a confirmation that your order is being processed. All orders must be paid for in advance and credit and debit cards are therefore debited as soon as you place your order.
- During the processing of your order, we will again contact you by e-mail or telephone to confirm your ring size if appropriate, the delivery address and any other special requirements you may have. Once your order has been processed, we will send you a final e-mail confirming your order has been accepted. A binding contract is formed when you have received an e-mail from us confirming that your order has been accepted.
- Goods will be despatched as soon as the order is confirmed and payment has been cleared. This process may be made slightly longer if we need to adjust the size of the ring you have ordered. We aim to dispatch all orders within seven working days as soon as your payment has been cleared and the ring adjusted accordingly.
- A signature may be required to acknowledge your receipt of the order. Please make arrangements for someone you trust to be available at the delivery address so that they can acknowledge receipt of your order.
- We will only ship to the address of the registered card holder. After the 14 day change of mind policy has expired, we will despatch the independent diamond certificate to you under separate cover and your order will be complete. For your information, all the diamond characteristics are included on the document for insurance which we send to you along with your purchase.
- Goods that may need to be ordered specially from our suppliers to fulfil your order may take longer. We will advise you of the expected delivery time of such items. If this is not suitable to you, you may request a refund or exchange as set out in the terms of our Returns Policy.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
You may not print, copy, reproduce, download, re-publish, broadcast, transmit, display, modify or re-use the contents or material on this website for anything other than personal, non-commercial use. For the avoidance of doubt you are only permitted to print, copy, reproduce, download, re-publish, broadcast, transmit, display, modify or re-use the contents or material on this website for the purposes of ordering products from this website or from our store. All copyright, trademarks and any other intellectual property rights in this website and its content (subject to the rights of any third party) are owned by or licensed to Winsor Bishop Limited or otherwise used by us as permitted by law.
Delivery of Goods to you
We will deliver your order via Royal Mail Special Delivery to your billing address. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event Goods will be dispatched within 1 working day of your order date. We will e-mail you at the email address you provide on your order to confirm that the Goods have been dispatched to you.
All items are subject to availability. If delivery is delayed due to unavailability or unforeseen factors (including pricing errors and postal strikes) we will advise you of the delay as soon as practicable. We will provide an estimate of the likely dispatch date and allow you to cancel your order if this is unacceptable to you by notifying us in writing of your wish to do so at any time before the estimated dispatch date.Loss or damage
We will insure the Goods within the UK and Eire until such time as the package is signed for at its delivery destination.
If the Goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective, we will have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at out contact address of the problem within seven working days of the delivery of the Goods in question. If you do not receive the Goods ordered by you within 2 days of the dispatch date, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 2 days of the date on which you ordered the Goods. If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
- To make good any non-delivery
- To replace or repair any Goods that are damaged or defective; or
- To refund to you the amount paid by you for the Goods in question in whatever way we choose.
Save as precluded by law or otherwise in this agreement, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses which are not foreseeable howsoever arising out of any problem you notify us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund you the amount paid by you for the Goods in question. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer in English Law.
Termination by us
We reserve the right to terminate the order whereupon you will no longer be entitled to the goods if:
- You have made any misrepresentation to us
- In the event of any misrepresentation to us you must return the order to us via Royal Mail Special Delivery or such other mode of delivery acceptable by our insurer at your own expense and risk within five working days of us notifying you in writing of our intention to terminate the contract ensuring that the Goods are packaged adequately to prevent damage in transit and if we notify you of our intention to terminate your contract but we have already processed the Goods for delivery you must not unpack the Goods when they are received by you. If you prefer us to arrange collection we will make arrangements with our carriers and deduct the cost of carriage (which is equivalent to the dispatch carriage cost) from your refund of the order
- If we do not deliver to your area
- We do not have the Goods you ordered in stock
- One or more of the Goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error
- You breach these terms and conditions and your contract with us
- You suffer a petition for a bankruptcy order to be presented, or call any meeting of your creditors, or execute any assignment for their benefit
- You have a poor fraudulent score or credit rating
- You are not able to provide a UK passport upon request for items over £1,000
- Once we have notified you that we are terminating your order, any sum debited by us from your credit card (less any ancillary costs we incur) will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 working days of receipt by us of the goods returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you
- If you do not return to us the Goods delivered to you or you do not pay the cost of delivery within five working days of us notifying you in writing of our intention to terminate the order, we shall be entitled to collect the Goods from you and deduct the direct costs of recovering the Goods from the amount to be re-credited to you. If there is any damage or deterioration in the Goods we will charge you for their reduction in value
This termination policy does not affect your statutory rights
We reserve the right to charge and you agree to pay interest to us at the rate of 3% above the base rate on all monies due to us but unpaid from the date they become due until the actual date of payment.
Before confirming your order with us we may search your records at credit reference agencies. They will add to their record about you details of our search which will be seen by other organisations making searches. Details about you and your payment record under your contract will be used to help make credit, credit related and insurance related decisions about you and members of your household and occasionally for fraud prevention or to trace debtors. You can contact us for details of the credit reference agencies used by us. You have a legal right to these details and can receive a copy of the information held about you on payment of a fee.
Information held about you by credit reference agencies may be linked to records relating to any person with whom you are linked financially and other members of your household.
We may give information about you and your payment record under your contract with us to credit reference agencies, debt collecting agents and any proposed assignee, transferee or charge of this agreement or of our interest in your contract, their insurers or advisers. We may use a credit scoring or other automated decision-making system. We may monitor and record telephone calls for the purpose of security and training.
Communications and Notices
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at 58 Aston Terrace, Bramley , Leeds West Yorkshire , LS13 2EB or sent to us via email to our current email address as shown on our Website and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our Website from to time.
For contractual purposes you consent to receive electronic communications from us and that all agreements notices disclosures and other communications served by us electronically have the same legal bearing as they would if served in writing provided that this does not affect your statutory rights under English law.
Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver Goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to Goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
Links, Advertising and Promotion
We will at times be featured in the press and linked to other websites. The content of such features and links will not always be under our control and will not necessarily reflect our beliefs or opinions and as such we will not be responsible for such material.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
All A Daley’s logos portrayed in the Website are the absolute property of A Daley’s Watches Limited
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
We reserve the right to remove you as a user of the website and/or prevent any further use in the event that you violate any of these Terms and Conditions. If we consider there to be a risk of liability or loss to us, we may take any action deemed necessary to prevent such a liability or loss from occurring.
You must indemnify and hold us harmless or any of our directors, officers, employees or agents against all loss, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses (including legal fees), claims and damages arising from your access to and use of this website.
Terms & Conditions for Competitions and Prize Draws
- These Terms and Conditions, together with any rules specific to a competition, apply to all competitions promoted by A Daley’s Limited, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- The competition is organised by A Daley’s Limited
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a competition, the decision of A Daley’s limited shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- To qualify to enter the competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over. Entrants under 18 years should seek parental permission prior to entering. The address you provide with your competition entry will be used to send any prizes, so please make sure this is correct.
- Employees of A Daley’s Limited its members, partners or any company involved in the competition, or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the competition.
- A Daley’s Limited reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the rules.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter a competition, and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
- Proof of entry, is not proof of receipt.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, A Daley’s Limited does not accept responsibility for the return of any entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise, from all qualifying entries within seven days of the competition closing date. Tie-breakers will be judged by A Daley’s Limited, and if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. If A Daley’s Limited is unable to make contact with any prize winners, via email or telephone communication, within a period of one calendar month from the point of first contact, it reserves the right to redraw the winner.
- Competition winner(s) names may be published on the website and used for promotional purposes. For details of winners you can write to Competition Prize Winners, A Daley’s Limited- naming the specific competition. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. A Daley’s Limited reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time
- All prizes are awarded at A Daley’s Limited discretion.
- A Daley’s Limited does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your entry. As such, you retain ownership of your entry, although A Daley’s Limited will be able to make use of, use or reproduce entries as we choose fit, without compensation.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity, and reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners/photographs of them in any publicity.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation, and will not be disclosed to a third party.
- The competition and rules will be governed by English law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England
- You can contact us in relation to any competition by writing to Competition Rules, A Daley’s Limited : 58 Aston Terrace , Bramley , Leeds West Yorkshire LS13 2EB